SnapCenter 2.0 is a centralised data protection product; think next generation SnapManager.
SnapCenter has been around for a while and supported SQL and Oracle, but version 2.0 brings some much needed enhancements, including:
- UI enhancements
- New look and feel
- Seamless workflows
- Visual Topology Map – A visual report showing backups of your databases and where they reside
- Backend Improvements
- SQL Express database has been replaced by MYSQL
- Backend catalog of files allows for quick searching of files
- AltaVault Support
- DataFabric solution for Cloud Backups – Backup a CIFS/NFS share to AltaVault allowing long term retention of backups
- Windows Plugin Improvements
- Access all Windows LUNs on a host and protect them in SnapCenter on a schedule
- New Plugins
- SnapCenter Plugin for VMware – backup databases on virtual machines; does not backup VMs
- Custom plugin capabilities for backing up custom databases
Unfortunately there is still no support for Microsoft Exchange.
SnapCenter 2.0 is out now.